Saturday, September 6, 2014 @ 5:30pm
The interactive, non-competitive 5k Hard Hat Walk
, will be fun for all ages! Opening at 3:30 pm, the pre-walk festivities will feature expo booths, activities and entertainment to warm up your legs and spirit. At 5:30pm the walk will begin.
Why Walk? To support the patients, families and staff of UCSF Medical Center! By participating and fundraising for the Hard Hat Walk
, you are directly contributing to the life-saving work that happens at the UCSF Medical Center every day.
Want more inspiration? Visit our patient stories
page to read about the patients and families we serve and get a first-hand feel for the work we do and its impact.
Ready to Walk? Register here
to walk as an individual or with a team!
- To participate in the Hard Hat Walk, everyone needs to register online here or in person at the event.
- Registration fee is $25 per person ages 13 and up*. (*Children 12 and under can participate for free, but we still encourage all participants to fundraise!)
- Each walk registrant will receive a walker packet including a running t-shirt and backpack!
- Every walk participant is encouraged to fundraise in support of UCSF Medical Center! Check out the amazing incentive prizes for each fundraising level here.
- To enter the Lights On Festival after the Hard Hat Walk, each registered walker will need to raise a minimum of $100
- Your $25 registration fee is applied directly toward your $100 fundraising minimum
- You can make a $100 gift at registration onsite to participate in the Hard Hat Walk and Lights On Festival
- See our Lights On Festival Information page or FAQ's for information about attending
Children and Families:
- Click here for a map of the walk route.
- The walk is non-competitive and untimed, so feel free to stroll at your leisure and take in the sights!
- All ages and abilities are welcome.
- Even though we love Fido, please, no pets except service animals allowed on the walk.
- Pit Stops: There will be restrooms at the pre-walk expo, along the walk and at the Lights On Festival.
- Help! Should you or a member of your group be unable to finish the walk, staffed golf carts will be on hand to escort you to the finish line.
The events are designed with the whole family in mind - with tastes that will satisfy everyone’s palate and activities for all ages, the Community Kick-off Celebration e
vents are the perfect activity for your whole family.
Please note that all minors must be accompanied by an adult or chaperone that has also paid for or fundraised their $100 entrance minimum or $25 registration fee if attending the walk only.
- Children age 12 and under are free! Even though they can participate for free, we encourage children to fundraise too! In fact, there is a very special ‘Top Child Fundraiser’ Incentive prize just for them!
- The walk route is mostly level, with no big hills
- Festivities include snacks and food to satisfy both kid and adult tastes
- The Hard Hat Walk Expo and Lights On Festival incorporate activity areas designed just for kids
- Kids of all ages can create their own fundraising page online or they can raise money offline. Donation checks collected by your child may be sent to UCSF Medical Center Special Events to be loaded to the child's own page. Please refer to the donation faq’s for more information. Cash and coins collected by a child must be converted to a check and sent in the same manner.